Dutch Jr. Compliance Officer
Dutch jr. Compliance Officer
Operations | Amsterdam, Netherlands
We are a growing investment firm, rapidly expanding our activities within the European Union. Next step is expanding worldwide. Therefore, we are seeking a motivated and skilled Compliance Professional to join our Legal and Compliance team in Amsterdam. You will support the Compliance Team in the monitoring and evaluation of existing compliance procedures, designing of compliance policies, support training and other compliance related activities for DeGiro. In the future, your main focus will be compliance with local (financial) law and its interpretation of EU-law.
This position is a generalist and business facing role, where you will heavily involve in all aspects of Legal and Compliance and must be able to work with all stakeholders. Making it a challenging job on a daily basis, where a hands-on approach is crucial. Important themes are: governance, integrity, Customer Due Diligence, KYC, AML, FATCA, MiFID, MAD etc.
The responsibilities of this function entail:
• Supporting the Legal and Compliance Department in the management of compliance affairs within the DeGiro;
• Monitoring legal and regulatory developments in compliance matters and assessing their relevance for DeGiro;
• Preparing implementation plans for changes in policy, procedures and systems as a result of legal or regulatory requirements;
• Supporting the Legal and Compliance Department in maintaining corporate documents such as the compliance charter and other compliance policies;
• Assisting in the preparation and conduct of training sessions regarding compliance risks, policies and procedures.
• Researching and preparing all the necessary documents DEGIRO needs in order to launch its platform in a country.
• Relevant academic background (preferably Dutch Law, Economics or Finance)
• 0-2 years of working experience in a related position
• Excellent command of the English and Dutch language
• Enthusiastic team-player with a pragmatic committed approach and international outlook
• Excellent organizational skills, able to prioritize and manage multiple tasks
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Demonstrable analytic reasoning skills
• Self-motivated and independent team player
• Attention to detail
• Relevant education
• A challenging fulltime job in an international and fast growing company
• Competitive salary and the opportunity to earn a bonus
Who we are
DEGIRO (www.degirogroup.com) was established in 2008 to service the professional market. DEGIRO offers fast trading infrastructure at professional prices. In 2013 DEGIRO started offering this service to retail investors giving them online access to 100 security exchanges worldwide at wholesale prices. Currently DEGIRO is expanding the online brokerage within the European Union. DEGIRO is a subsidiary of LPE Capital and a sister company of HiQ Invest (www.hiqinvest.com/en/) and Fundshare (www.fundshare.nl). HiQ Invest offers Fund Management and Fundshare offers fund administration services. LPE Capital is active in Amsterdam, Hong Kong and Sofia.
You can send your application and/or ask for additional information; firstname.lastname@example.org or mobile: +31 6 180 806 45 Joep Corstiaensen